Booking Terms and Conditions
1) Who are we and what we do?
a) COUNTRY HOLIDAYS LIMITED. Registered in England and Wales. Registration Number 13186041. Registered Offices: Ael Y Bryn, Llangwyryfon, Aberystwyth, Ceredigion SY23 4EX. Telephone: 01974 241744. email: firstname.lastname@example.org. (“we”, “us”, the “Company” or “our”).
b) We arrange, sell and supply tourism products and services with a Country theme in and around the British Isles. Our tours are a combination of products and services arranged as packages as defined by the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. Therefore, you will benefit from all UK rights applying to packages. We will be responsible for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the package.
c) The Company will advertise tours, how much they will cost per person and detail exactly what the price includes. From time to time there may be elements which are not transferable and must be paid for ‘at the door’. These are not included in the price of the tour. The Company will make this clear to the traveller in advance.
2) Making a Booking
a) The Booking – Your contract in respect of your holiday is made with COUNTRY HOLIDAYS LIMITED as detailed above (‘the Company‘), and all bookings are subject to these terms and conditions. A booking will exist as soon as we issue our booking confirmation (the “Booking Confirmation”) and a deposit of not less than 10% has been received by the Company. This booking is made on the terms of these booking conditions. All bookings must be made through an authorised representative of the Company.
b) Making a Booking – Bookings are made by telephone, in person or by electronic means such as via our website, email or other means. A booking is not confirmed until a booking confirmation is received by the traveller.
c) Eligibility – The person making the booking (the “lead traveller”) must be 18 years old or over and when you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of these booking conditions. We may transfer your booking to another company in our group, but this will have no effect on your holiday arrangements.
d) Communication – All communications by the Company in relation to your booking will be with the lead traveller as detailed on your booking request.
e) Refusal – The Company reserves the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason and shall in that event return any deposit received.
f) Combining Packages – Packages are not combinable unless expressly stated and may be withdrawn at any time.
g) All quotations are provisional – until confirmed in writing on your Booking Confirmation. Before you make a booking we will give you the up-to-date price of your chosen package including the cost of any supplements, upgrades or additional facilities which you have requested.
h) Special Requests – All special requests, such as dietary requirements, should be noted at the time of the booking.
3) Paying for your holiday.
a) How we ensure your money is safe. We are fully compliant with The Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018. This means that we are required to ensure that everything you pay is protected and you get the holiday you paid for. To do this we use PTS – Protected Trust Services to help us protect your money. Your funds are paid, by you, into our Trust Account, managed by PTS and we only receive the money after your holiday. This is your guarantee that you will get all your money back should the Company fail. In addition, we pay a small amount for an insurance premium called ‘Provider Failiure’ insurance which will cover the cost of any money we have already paid to third party providers should those providers fail.
b) Deposit – A deposit will normally be payable at the time of booking. This is usually %10 of the total price of your chosen package. From time to time a greater deposit may be required to ensure we can make the necessary arrangements. This will be communicated by the company to the lead Traveller in advance. The deposit is required to be received by the company before the booking can be confirmed. The deposit is only refundable in certain circumstances as defined by law or in these terms and conditions.
- If your booking is cancelled by the company for reasons beyond the control of the traveller.
- if your tour or holiday is not as described.
- if a substantial element of your package becomes unavailable due to changes in the way a third party supplier delivers their services or products.
c) The Balance – The remaining balance will becoming due 30 days before the start of your package and must be received by the company in full.
d) Non-Payment – Your holiday must be paid in full at least 30 days before the departure date. If payment is not received by the due date, the Company reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit. The person who signs the booking form guarantees payment of the total amount shown on the booking form in accordance with these conditions. It is the responsibility of the signatory to ensure the Company receives payment in full by the due date. If you book within 30 days of your departure date payment must be made in full at the time of booking.
e) Additional Payments – There are certain elements of your package which we are unable to arrange or pay for on your behalf. For example where a providers terms and conditions are non-transferable. We will inform you of these in advance and you agree to make arrangements for these to be paid in a timely fashion. You agree to inform us when this is done. A ‘Things to Do’ list will be sent to you detailing these.
f) How to Pay – You may pay your deposit and remaining balance by, by bank transfer, using a debit/credit card online, by telephone or in-person. We accept:
- By Telephone: Please call 01974 241022 with your order number.
- By Bank Transfer. Please make your payment to our business account:
Account Name: COUNTRY HOLIDAYS LIMITED
Sort Code: 60-83-71
Account Number: 79471218
Reference: Please use your booking reference
- By card Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, JCB, Maestro and American Express
- We are sorry we cannot accept payment in cash or cheque
- The Cancellation Policy does not apply to COVID (19) related cancellations which are handled separately in clause 17 below.
- We accept and appreciate that travellers may need to cancel their holiday for reasons beyond their control. Travellers also change their minds from time to time. It is our policy to be as fair as possible above and beyond that which is required of us by law. We will endeavour to pay back all monies except where we have already paid for services and products with third parties under non-refundable terms and conditions. Wherever possible we will try to re-sell products and services so we can recover the money for you. Where this is not possible you may be subject to a cancellation fee. Our standard cancellation policy is as follows.
- If you cancel within 7 days of arrival – No refund will be provided and payment for the total package will become due.
- If you cancel within 30 days and 7 days – We will refund all money not already used in third party non-refundable agreements except the deposit amount (usually 10%). We will provide you with a detailed breakdown of the costs involved.
- If you cancel greater than 30 days – you will be refunded in full except funds used in third party non-refundable agreements. We will provide you with a detailed breakdown of the costs involved.
- How to Cancel – All cancellations must be received in writing as soon as possible. If we do not receive a cancellation in writing and the traveller and their party do not arrive at the agreed start location the full cost of the package will be deemed non-refundable. Please email email@example.com or write to the above address. We can accept cancellations over the telephone but only if you call 0330 390 3559 so that the call can be recorded.
- Extraordinary Circumstances – You can cancel your booking without paying cancellation charges if the performance of your package, or the carriage of passengers to your destination, is significantly affected by unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances. In such circumstances, we may arrange for your booking to be terminated and for you to receive a full refund. Decisions will be made on an individual booking basis.
- For the purposes of these terms and conditions “unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances” include but are not limited to: war, threat of war, airport closures, airspace closures (as well as other air traffic management decisions which may give rise to long or overnight delays or cancellations of one or more flights), the inability of airline(s) to operate flights as a result of the United Kingdom’s decision to leave the European Union (including the loss or restriction of air traffic or transit rights or the right of airline(s) to enter any airspace), epidemic, significant risks to human health such as the outbreak of a serious disease at the travel destination, natural or nuclear disaster, serious security problems such as terrorist activity, civil unrest or events arising out of political instability, industrial dispute or strikes, bad weather (actual or threatened), Foreign Office advising against travel to a particular destination and significant building work taking place outside of your accommodation (such as resort development).
- If we cancel your booking – We reserve the right to cancel your booking. We will not cancel less than 4 weeks before your departure date, except for unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances (as defined in clause e), or failure by you to pay the deposit and/or final balance, or because the minimum number required for the package to go ahead hasn’t been reached. The minimum number required will be provided to you in the Trip Notes. If the minimum number had been reached but we experience late cancellations by other clients which means that the minimum number is no longer met, we reserve the right to cancel a tour 20 days before the start of the package.
- If your holiday is cancelled you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an alternative holiday of comparable standard from us if we offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). In the event a refund is paid to you, we will pay compensation as detailed below except where the cancellation is due to unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances (as defined in clause c). Where notified before the balance date, no compensation will be paid. Where notified between the balance due date and 14 days before departure date (inclusive), £30 will paid to you by the company. Where notified between 13 days and the date of departure (inclusive), £50 will be paid to you by the company. Any children not paying the full adult fare will receive 50% of these amounts. This does not preclude you claiming more if you are legally entitled to do so.
- Minimum Number of People not met – For certain packages and activities, there is a mandatory minimum number of people before the activity can go ahead. If for any reason this number is not met the activity may need to be cancelled. In this event, you will be offered alternative activities, or the cost of this activity will be refunded to you. You will be informed in advance where this is a possibility and changes in these circumstances do not constitute a change or cancellation as a default on our part under the terms of this agreement.
5) Changes to the price and content of your package.
- It is the responsibility of the Company to ensure that you receive the package as advertised at the price agreed. However, there are circumstances beyond our control when this is not possible. The following sets out the circumstances where it may be necessary to change the price and/or content of your package and any remedy we will propose.
- Changes to the price – All prices we advertise are accurate at the date published. We may need to change your package price after you’ve booked due to changes in the prices of third party agreements. If this is required we will contact you in writing and explain the reasons why. If the change is within 5% of the agreed price we will absorb the cost. You will be charged for the amount over and above that. If this results in an increase equivalent to more than 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another holiday if we are able to offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. Should you decide to cancel: 1) you must do so within the time period shown on your final invoice.
- Errors – In the unlikely event of an administrative error leading to an incorrect price being displayed, we reserve the right to correct it (including after a booking has been confirmed).
- Changes to the content of your package – It is a term of your booking that we are able to make changes to any aspect of your booking. If the change is insignificant, we will ensure that you are notified about it. An example of an insignificant change includes alteration of the start time of a certain activity. If we are forced by circumstances beyond our control to alter significantly any of the main characteristics of the products or services that make up your package you will have the rights set out as follows.
- We will contact you and you will have the choice of accepting the change or having a refund of all monies paid.
- You can also accept an alternative package, where we offer one (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). We will compensate you as detailed in (i) above.
- If you want to make a change – You may wish to make changes to the content of your package. Wherever possible we will try to accommodate your wishes. Where there is no cost to the Company for doing so we will make the necessary changes on your behalf. By accepting the changes you agree to pay in full any costs incurred when they become due as detailed in these terms and conditions. In the event that a change results in a reduced cost, we will refund the difference but will deduct an administration fee of £20.
- When the price per person is dependent on the number of people in the accommodation or on group activity and the number of people changes, the price will be recalculated based on the new party size.
- Holiday Insurance – We do not provide Holiday Insurance as part of any package or tour. However, it is a condition of this agreement that all Travellers seek and obtain adequate and valid travel insurance before they travel. We highly recommend you do so as soon as the booking is confirmed. By making the booking and accepting these terms and conditions you are agreeing to arrange and purchase travel insurance.
- ATOL – As none of our packages include flights or travel abroad we are not required to provide an ATOL certificate.
7) Safety and Welfare
- Are you fit for your chosen package – We will provide detailed information about the elements of your chosen package. It is your responsibility to satisfy yourself prior to booking that you and your party are fit and able to complete the itinerary. By booking a tour with COUNTRY HOLIDAYS LIMITED you acknowledge that this is an active holiday that may test your physical ability and may consist of strenuous and demanding activities. You are therefore responsible for ensuring you are aware of the nature of the associated activities and physical requirements before you book. By confirming your booking you acknowledge that you have the appropriate levels of ability, fitness and good health to safely participate in the tour. Please tell us about any condition, medical or otherwise that may affect the participants’ safety or enjoyment of your chosen activities.
- Safety -Your personal safety is of paramount importance to us. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct clothing and equipment necessary to complete the itinerary successfully. However, for certain activities equipment may be provided by third-party providers. It is imperative that you follow any instruction and safety advice by that organisation. We will inform you of any special requirements if they are conveyed to us in advance.
8) No unaccompanied minors
- Certain packages are designated ‘Adult Only’ meaning those over 18 years of age. Minors aged between 3 -17 years may accompany their parents on tours designated as suitable for families. Older teenagers may be allowed to join group tours provided they are accompanied by a parent, guardian or adult appointed by the parent or guardian who accepts full responsibility for them.
9) Single Supplement
- We try to avoid single supplements wherever possible. In some cases, a single supplement may be necessary. If this applies, you will be advised of this during the booking process.
10) Third-Party provider Terms and Conditions
- It is your responsibility to make yourself, and those in your group, aware of any terms and conditions set by third-party accommodation or activity providers. These will be provided to you in advance.
11) Your Conduct
- We have a zero-tolerance policy of disruptive, abusive, threatening, discriminatory, dangerous behaviour towards our staff, other guests and customer or those of partner organisations. You and any person in your group will be personally liable for any damage caused to property. We reserve the right to refuse to accept you as a customer or continue dealing with you and/or cancel your booking without refund or compensation, if we, or another person in authority, believe your behaviour to be disruptive, abusive, threatening, discriminatory, dangerous, either in person or on the telephone or in writing.
- By making the booking your agree to abide by the laws of the land and not undertake illegal activity including but not limited to illegal and illicit drug use, excessive alcohol consumption, hate crime of any kind, child and vulnerable person abuse, fraud and deception, public nuisance and affray. You understand that should you undertake such activities you will be refused continued service, default and money paid and will be reported to the relevant authorities. You also agree to fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies regarding any investigation whether you are personally involved or not. You will be personally liable for any transport or accommodation needs should you be refused service under these terms.
- Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on holiday are not part of your package holiday provided by us. For any excursion or other tour that you book, your contract will be with the operator of the excursion or tour and not with us. We are not responsible for the provision of the excursion or tour or for anything that happens during the course of its provision by the operator.
13) Country Code and Coastal Path Safety
- The Country Code is a standard set of guidelines for members of the public, to ensure respect and enjoyment in the countryside. The five points of the Countryside Code are: Be safe, plan ahead and follow any signs. Take maps/guidebooks. You can download a copy of the Countryside code Here.
- As well as following the Countryside Code, when you are walking the Coast Path or accessing beaches and coastal beauty spots it’s important you stay safe. You can read about Coast Path safety Here.
14) Comments, Compliments and Complaints
- We welcome feedback of any kind. Please write to us or leave a review on our website. Please send e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We want you to have the best experience possible and strive to ensure this by continually reviewing our products and services and how we work with and for our customers. If for any reason your feel unhappy or unsatisfied with anything to do with the way we provided our service please follow the following procedure.
- In the first instance please make us aware that you are unhappy or unsatisfied by telephone. Call 0330 390 3559.
- If we can not resolve the issues immediately or the situation requires further investigation we will send you a complaints form. Please complete and return to us as soon as possible. We will respond within 48 hours and we aim to resolve the issues to your satisfaction within 14 days. If there is a delay we will advise you accordingly and agree on a new deadline.
- If you are still not satisfied we will seek to obtain a third-party mediation. We will abide by the mediation outcome and take steps to follow any recommendations.
15) Force majeure
- We regret we cannot accept any liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of force majeure save those that covered specifically and separately by these terms and conditions. Force majeure means any event which we, or the supplier of the service(s) in question, could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events include war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activities, industrial disputes, fire, pandemic or infectious disease outbreak, natural or nuclear disasters, adverse weather conditions and all similar events outside our control.
16) Luggage transfers
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your bags are packed safely. Please do not pack fragile/valuable items, such as phones, cameras, computers. Also do not pack bottles of wine which can easily break and damage not only yours but other walkers bags and contents. Bags should weigh no more than 15kg. Baggage handling operatives may refuse to handle heavier bags, or indeed make additional charges. COUNTRY HOLIDAYS LIMITED does not accept any liability for loss or damage to items of luggage or its contents during said transfers.
17) Cancellations Due to COVID (19)
- If you or the Company have to cancel your booking because UK government public health measures imposed as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic meaning it is unlawful to travel to or commence your package, you may choose to:
- transfer your booking to a later date free of any administration charges, subject to availability – you will have to pay any difference in price if the cost of the new booking is higher or be reimbursed the difference if the cost of the new booking is lower;
- request a voucher with a redemption value equal to the amount previously paid by you for the booking – the voucher terms and conditions will be available to you before you make your choice under this clause; or
- obtain a refund of the amount already paid by you for the booking, less any administrative costs which we incur in processing your refund and any amounts paid to third party providers which are not recoverable by us under the providers terms and conditions.
- We may require proof of a positive COVID-19 test
- You have certain consumer rights regarding COVID-19 cancelations. The following website is a useful source of information. https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/coronavirus-covid-19-consumer-advice-holiday-bookings
- The Agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the Courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear, determine and/or settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter or formation.
COUNTRY HOLIDAYS LIMITED
Ael Y Bryn
Tel: 01974 241022 email: email@example.com